MICROBLADING (SESSION 1):
This semi-permanent makeup service consists of having feather-like hair strokes created to give a natural look to your eyebrows.
2 hours 30 minutes
MICROBLADING (SESSION 2):
Touch up is highly recommended 4-6 weeks after the initial procedure.
The grooming of the eyebrows, typically by tweezing or waxing to suit the facial features.
What is Microblading?
Microblading, also known as eyebrow embroidery, is a form of permanent makeup that provides fuller eyebrows and custom shaped to suit individuals faces. Microblading reconstructs and dramatically enhances thinning eyebrows, which means you would no longer need to use eyebrow pencils. Microblading is achieved by means of making fine incisions on the brows and depositing cosmetic tattoo pigments to fill missing eyebrow hair. The pigments used are chosen to match the natural or clients chosen color to give an incredibly natural and realistic look. Microblading typically lasts 1-3 years depending on skin type and how well you follow instructed aftercare.
How long is a procedure?
For the first Microblading session, the entire procedure should take about 2.5- 3 hours. During this session, the brow technician will consult, map out, shape and reconstruct the client’s brows to suit the clients face and desired look. You are then required to come in for a touch up within 4-6 weeks after the initial session to reinforce strokes and color. This touch up session will take approximately 1.5-2 hours to complete.
What pre-appointment care do I take?
To achieve the best results, it is best to follow the pre and post care instructions.
Prior to your procedure, clients are advised of the following:
- Avoid alcohol and aspirin/ibuprofen and any vitamins that may thin your blood for 72 hours.
- Avoid caffeine for 24 hours
- No Retin-A in past 2 weeks
- Avoid tanning so we can assess your natural skin tone.
- No chemical peels at least six weeks prior.
- No Botox 2 months prior to procedure
- Feel free to come in with brow makeup on so our technician can see your everyday look you prefer. Reference pictures of shapes and colors of brows are always welcomed. We will then work together to create the perfect brows!
What post-procedure care do I take?
After your procedure, clients MUST follow these instructions:
- Blot eyebrows gently with tissue every 2 hours
- At night, gently wash eyebrows with mild liquid soap and preferably fragrance-free.
- Do not immerse brow area in water for 14 days. When showering or washing face, make sure to avoid brows and clean around it.
- Do not put makeup on the brow area for a minimum of 10 days. The microbladed area is an open wound, using makeup may cause infections.
- Avoid alcohol and aspirin/ibuprofen and any vitamins that may thin your blood for 24 hours.
- Avoid sleeping on side and use clean pillow cases to avoid the risk of infection.
- Brow area will feel slightly itchy as it heals and will start to lightly scab over. Do not peel or pick at the scabs as this can affect the outcome and pigmentation.
- Do not go swimming, tanning or into saunas for at least 14 days.
- No face scrubs or chemical peels at least 2 weeks after.
How long does it take to heal?
The total healing process takes about 7-14 days depending on the skin type. You will notice slight redness in the eyebrow area after the procedure for approximately 30 minutes. It is completely normal for your color to appear extremely dark the first few days following the procedure. The color will fade up to 30-40% as it heals. In the following days, the eyebrows will continue to be dark and you will notice slight scabbing, but not to worry because it is all a part of healing process. Do not pick at the scabs as this may damage the skin and the outcome of the microbladed area. The eyebrows will lighten up in color as it heals.
Around day 14 it will seem as if you’re brows have completely disappeared, which is normal because the brows are under the skin at that time and will come back to surface. You’ll notice the color is very light right after the two weeks after healing; the skin will have an opaque milky looking quality to it. This is known as the milk skin and is common in tattooing. This is due to the tissue still healing from the inside out even though the surface of the skin is healed. True color will reveal itself once healed. We ask that you trust the process.
Is the touch-up session necessary?
Yes! A touch up session is highly recommended 4-6 weeks after initial procedure, as everyone heals differently. Depending on the skin type, color retention will vary. Some clients may lose up to 40% during the healing process. Our microblading practitioners pride themselves on safety, by doing so, they ensure not to cut too deeply on the initial procedure because it is imperative to see how your skins heals. Certain areas may not pick up during first session and will need to be reinforced. Pigment color may need to be adjusted, brow thickness and more strokes can be added. Individuals with oily skin often require a deeper shade during the touch up session as the oils tend to lighten the pigment. Most importantly, your touch up session is when we refine your brows to ensure it looks perfect and retains the color for 1-3 years.
Can I get my touch-up session sooner than 4 weeks?
Touch up sessions should not be done earlier than 4 weeks after the initial session as pigment color has not fully settled into the skin. Most importantly, this is to prevent scar damage as the tissue requires time to completely heal.
Is it painful?
The pain level for the procedure is considered mild to none. Prior to the procedure your brow technician will apply a topical anesthetic to numb the area and reapplied during the procedure. Everyone responds differently to anesthetic; depending on the client, the feeling of the procedure has been described as eyebrow plucking to not feeling anything. Topical anesthetics used may contain lidocaine, prilocaine, benzocaine, tetracaine and epinephrine. After the procedure, redness and slight swelling in the area is normal. Clients describe the area feeling like a light sunburn. Clients can take Tylenol but not aspirin or ibuprofen.
How long does it last?
Since microblading pigments are not implanted into the skin as deep as traditional tattoos, the area will naturally fade overtime. Microblading typically lasts 1-3 years, depending on skin type (normal, oily, dry), age. Skincare routine will also affect the lasting effect of the pigment: patients who tan will fade faster as your skin resurfaces faster because of AHA or Glycolic Acid in tanning products. Everyone’s color retention within the skin will vary. To maintain the brows looking fresh, a touch up is suggested every 12-18 months. Clients can let the microbladed area fade over time, but please note a slight shadow may remain.
Who is not suitable for the procedure?
Microblading is not suitable for the following candidates:
- Using Accutane
- Have heart conditions or using heart medications
- Have diabetes (will require a physician’s note)
- Have skin disease or irritations
- Have had Botox in the last 2 weeks
- Have gotten a deep tan or chemical peels in the last 2 weeks
- Allergic to lidocaine, prilocaine, benzocaine, tetracaine or epinephrine
- Anyone who has any serious medical conditions may require a physician’s note.
- Pregnant or nursing clients who want to microblade can be done at your own discretion. We suggest discussing with your doctor first as microblading is still considered a tattoo, and just like with wine or sushi consumption, it is a personal choice to do so during this period.
*We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone who we deem not suitable for this procedure or for any other reason. Our brow technicians make the decision to microblade an individual based on their own discretion. *
Any risks or complications?
Ajeless Health & Medical Spa takes all proper precautions for a safe session by using sterilized equipment, new needles and in a sanitized environment. Should clients follow our pre and post care instructions, there should be minimal risks or complications. Although allergic reactions to the pigments are rare, it could be possible for certain individuals. We suggest a pigment patch test for individuals who have high skin sensitivities or are sensitive to:
- Topical makeup products
- Gold, silver and nickel
- Hair dyes
Patch tests should be performed 5-7 days prior.
What if I don't like it?
As with all cosmetic procedures, individuals should not make their choices lightly. Ajeless Health & Medical Spa always recommend clients do their research, understand the procedure and compare different artists’ work and portfolio when making their decisions. Our brow technicians will do their utmost to shape and style the eyebrows to the clients’ satisfaction prior to the procedure. Every effort will be made to achieve an even appearance, but please realize our faces are never perfectly symmetrical. Uneven appearance, pigment discoloration and color correction can be fixed during the touch up session. Microbladed brows will eventually fade away if no additional touch ups are done.